21 Jan Baker Creek State Park
Baker Creek State Park is open from March 1 until September 30, annually. Operated seasonally, Baker Creek caters to those looking for fun on Lake Thurmond, a wild ride on South Carolina mountain bike trails or a quick camping trip. If you’re looking for quality, South Carolina mountain bike trails, the park is home to 10 miles of rolling, loop trails that take bikers through oak and pine woodlands.
Outside the stillness of the woods sits Lake Thurmond, a 71,100-acre lake that offers campers serene, lakeside camping sites, as well as easy lake access for boaters and fishers. A covered, 160-person capacity pavilion overlooks the lake and is perfect for group get-togethers and family reunions.
HOURS AND ADMISSION
- Admission : $2 adults; $1.25 U.S. seniors; age 15 & younger free
- Days and Hours of Operation : M-Su 6 am-6pm (extended to 9pm during Daylight Savings Time). The park is opened from March 1 – September 30 each year.
- Days and Holidays Closed : Oct.1-Feb.28, each year
- Office Hours : 11am-noon, daily
- Pets are allowed in most outdoor areas provided they are kept under physical restraint or on a leash not longer than six feet. Owners will be asked to remove noisy or dangerous pets or pets that threaten or harass wildlife.
863 Baker Creek Road | McCormick, SC 29835 | Phone: 864-443-2457 | email@example.com