It is December, the month filled with holiday happenings and events centered around the Christmas season. In the Old 96 District of South Carolina, we have numerous events and activities you can enjoy that will put you in the Christmas spirit. Here is a brief listing:
- “Miracle on 34th Street” production, Greenwood, SC
- “Coney Island Christmas” production, Opera House, Abbeville, SC
- Abbeville Holiday Tour of Homes
- Johnston SC Christmas Holiday Market, Johnston, SC
- Festival of Trees and Historic Christmas at the Grist Mill in McCormick, SC
- Heritage Holidays in Edgefield, SC
- “Fireside, A Christmas Cabaret” production, Edgefield, SC
- Take a magical adventure on The Polar Express at Greenwood’s Railroad Historical Center. Children will hear the endearing story of The Polar Express and can explore the Baldwin steam engine and ring its bell. Open December 1-31, 2017. 6:00pm-8:00pm.
- Explore Uptown Greenwood’s Farmer’s Market
- 3rd Annual NYE Party 2017 with the Jake Bartley Band, Inn on the Square, Greenwood, SC
There are 10 beautiful and charming B&Bs and Inns in the region just waiting on you to call and book your weekend or week day stay. Also, Old 96 District has most of the major brand hotels within our five-county region.
And, as for restaurants, the Old 96 District has plenty of establishments that serve some of the finest cuisine and spirits that can be found in this part of South Carolina.
You will also want to take advantage of all the holiday lights that are displayed throughout the region.
Uptown Greenwood’s Holiday Lights are on display through the holidays. Enjoy the sights by car, or park in the Uptown and stroll along and grab some great photo opportunities! The trees along Main Street and Maxwell Avenue are wrapped in classic, bright white lights. Enjoy the whimsical décor throughout Uptown, including giant alphabet blocks, Teddy bear, toy soldier, Santa and more!