Family Fun Activities in SC Old 96 District
Summer is a great time to get away from it all. Away from work, away from school, and away from the daily to-do list. Instead, use this summer as an opportunity to spend time as a family! Don’t know where to start? We can help. Just head on down to the The Museum & Railroad Historical Center or Emerald Farm in Greenwood, SC to pick up a FREE kid’s mini train conductor kit (*while supplies last) to get your trip to Old 96 District started! Then, choose from our many family fun adventures, or make up one of your own! Don’t forget to snap some pictures, and post using the hashtag #FunOld96 for a chance to appear on our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
Here are a few suggestions as you plan your family fun time.
- Feed goats and take a ride on a mini train at Emerald Farm in Greenwood, SC
- Explore the history of trains at The Museum & Railroad Historical Center in Greenwood, SC
- Combine history, heritage, and crafts at SC Wild’s Heritage Center in McCormick, SC
- Explore your creative side at McCormick Arts Council at Keturah in McCormick, SC
- See a play or catch a movie at one of our theatres
- Mine for Gold at Heritage Gold Mine Park in McCormick, SC
- Go for a hike on one of the Old 96 District’s 600 miles of biking and hiking trails.
- Roast marshmallows around a campfire at one of our 6 state parks
- Visit the National Wild Turkey Federation Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield, SC – the only museum in the world dedicated to to wild turkeys
- Explore a museum
Visit our events calendar for more ideas for your trip.